Popular Posts

Thursday, January 31, 2013

Wheel of Life

Ever seem like there is never enough time to get it all done?  If you answer no, then you need to reassess yourself and see if you can be challenged.  For the rest of us who have likely answered yes, I am blogging about this very topic now in lieu of new year's resolutions to do better. 

Upon reading this interesting article about livinging intentionally, I love how the author asks you to review your seven areas, i e the wheel of life.  Now Zig Ziglar is wonderful at descibing his concept.  I admit that I grabbed a piece of scrap paper and pen (the old fashioned way) to draw it.  If you have a tablet or ipad, just open a blank screen and use a wand to create your pie.  I wrote out each one....Career, Financial, Spiritual, Physical, Intellectual, Family and Social.  Soon I was filling it in.  Some were easy and some others I was feeling anxious.  Interesting. 

At any point in our life, we are right where God needs us to be.  Yet, as I completed my wheel of life, I couldn't help but feel regret, pride, happiness, peace, anxiety, doubt and joy all in a single time period.  After all, it's my life.  Perhaps you may encounter mixed emotions upon writing it all out. 

It's easy to feel anxious about the future.  It's easy to feel worry about the present.  It's easy to be happy and sad about past decisions.  It's time to set aside these emotions and determine a new way.

This is exactly how God wants us to come to Him and make us new in Him.  To shed the old and take on the new.  It is mixed emotions at it best, and yet once done, you feel the best ever.

Meanwhile, how will you deal with certain demands?  how will you deal with the "off days"?  how will you know what to do and what not to do? how will you know to manage your time wisely?  God knows.  God will see you through this day whether you walk beside Him or He carries you.  God's will will be done.

by Stephanie S Arredondo  (c)  2013

No comments:

Post a Comment